Tuesday, June 29, 2010

his last wish..

Went down to our favorite little beach hotel in Rosarito Mexico this weekend to put Gag's ashes in the water, just as he had asked. We've made some great memories there in the past with the family, lots of laughs and good times. Perhaps that's why he requested for this just as he did for part of his ashes to be spread by the 3rd hole at his favorite golf course, which we did some time ago.
It felt good to fulfill his last wishes in a way that he would have approved... surrounded by family, with a nice BBQ to follow and a few cold vodka shots.... Many tears were shed by all of us that afternoon, but we had a few laughs as well remembering him and his "full of life" ways...







It was a tough weekend, full of emotions, and yet it was very peaceful and soul satisfying... and I'm so glad we were able to do this before the one year anniversary of his death. I hope now that his last wishes have been fulfilled he has found peace, as it has given us some peace now.

Although this is what he wanted and I am at peace with it...I can't help but feel as though I left a part of my heart behind with his ashes... as they sank into the waves... For us he will always be a part of the water that caresses the sands down in Baja...

Rest in peace my love

8 comments:

  1. Mari jan may he rest in peace ... tough times, but you're a strong lady and mother of 2 great boys... it's time life shed on you some happiness and light. My sincere thoughts go your way <3

    Kar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thinking of your family . a hard task but you honored him ..blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you and your family, it would have been hard for you all, I am glad you have all your memories. big hug to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mar jan! Beautiful blog! how stupid of me not to read up till today.
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Mari, it's been SUCH a year. I don't know you, I've never met you but every post about Gag just fills up my heart. The one of you writing 'We love you' on the sand made me weep, because I can imagine how it must have felt to watch the next wave wash it away.

    You're a brave and clever lady. It's so wrong that you and your wonderful boys are without Gag. He's in your heart, and soul and mind of course. But he should be here, having a laugh and a drink and a cuddle. If he could, he would. I just know that's true.

    Lovely lady xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gag became a part of something so vast, so overwhelmingly larger than this life alone, that he will always be close by. I'm sure your tears last weekend co-mingled with the ocean waves, thereby making you and Gag forever one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a beautiful place Gag chose. ; )
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! I am so glad you had the opportunity to do this. Hugs from Georgia!

    ReplyDelete