Sunday, August 16, 2009

evidence of life


I decided to make some cupcakes today, for a beautiful young lady. The smell that filled the house was the first evidence of life in a long time, for those of you who know me personally know how much I love to bake, so it was the first time I felt really calm inside. A lot of love went into these lovely treats and it will bring a smile to her face.... that also makes me happy.



Kristine flew all the way from Greece to celebrate her sweet sixteenth birthday with all her cousins, but unfortunately there will not be a big party held for her, none of us feel like celebrating for obvious reasons. So I wanted to do something special for her....




So, with these colorful little delights in hand I'm heading out the door to visit her, I'm hoping that she will enjoy eating these as much as I enjoyed making them. And I hope that today we can at least give her some happy memories to take with her from this trip. Happy birthday dear Kristine!

signing off today with a smile in my heart and on my face...

love...peace...joy...

11 comments:

  1. I know I've said it before, but you certainly have a gift for producing beautiful things, be it cupcakes, paintings, two precious boys, photographs.

    There is so much in store for you once your heart identifies exactly where it wants to fly. It already has wings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures have me salivating :) I can smell them all the way from here. Kristine is a lucky girl today and I am sure those cupcakes are going to be cherished, appreciated and gobbled up! I am glad you had a 'good' day. Hoping for more cupcake filled days :)
    love, gigi

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness! they're beautiful! what a sweet 16th birthday it'll be for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy sweet 16! Celebrate life and love. Cupcakes are my absolute favorite.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here you are again, giving and giving. I know you are being blessed in your giving. So happy to hear you will be vacationing soon with your beautiful boys and allowing yourself to rest too. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the cupcakes look delicious! What a beautiful spirit u are to keep on giving during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is good...you know who is smiling in approval!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! Can you just pass one over here please Mari...I know how much joy you find in the kitchen and I'm happy to see you baking again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. cupcakes are only half the fun without the frosting on the top. and yours look just divine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sue couldn't have said it better. You have a knack for creating beauty all around you. What a lovely gift!

    ReplyDelete
  11. that's so, so sweet of you. i bet she loved them and you made her day!

    ReplyDelete