Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Paper or Plastic?? Neither!


Don't you just love reusable bags?? I'm so glad more and more supermarkets, drugstores and other retailers are carrying them. They're inexpensive (anywhere from .99 to $2.99), can be used for more than just grocery shopping, (bookstore... picnic.... lunch bag...) are very cute and stylish, and hey they're good for our little blue planet.




As soon as I'm done putting away my groceries, I fold them up and put them by my purse, so I don't forget to take them back to the car, and they're ready to go for next time. Of course Trader Joe's have some of the nicest ones, and they've come up with a brilliant plan to encourage people to use them more. Every time you take your bags in with you, they put your name in a raffle drawing, 5 winner every week for a $20 gift card towards your next groceries. Isn't that smart thinking? (I have yet to win, but oh well there's always next time ;).
So, here's hoping that someday the question... "paper or plastic"? will be a thing of the past.

That's all I got for you guys today.... just trying to stay busy on another gloomy and blue day.

Have a great Tuesday!
Love and Peace!

7 comments:

  1. I soooo agree with you. I got some from the office and we even have some that are now thermal to keep your cools cold and your hots hot!!! Gotta love it!!!! If only I could be more disciplined about taking them everywhere with me!!! I wish I had a Trader Joe's near me. boo hoo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know the reusable bags are the best from Trader Joes i have two different kind and i love it. i have been useing them this past two years. also, love,love your blog. everyday you have somethig very interesting for us, just enjoy reading it.
    have a great week.
    Love and kisses
    Elen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you will be able to create your own bags since you're so creative, and your son is creative like you are. What can i say he learned from the best.

    Warm hugs and kisses.
    Ani S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm getting quite a collection too. some nice ones from Whole Foods. they're just cool! and much more fun to use. something so simple to do, but can make quite a difference i think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ladies, glad you're enjoying your little bags too.
    Ellen nice to hear from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love my little shopping bags too. i get mine from my local supermarket, and they really are fabulous. Althoguh. i Must use ur tip and keep them where my keys are. I keep forgetting to take them out when i do my shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, these are pretty. I use plain old green ones but have considered making my own since I got a sewing machine recently. I can't believe how few people in my area use them.

    The hardest part for me is remembering to put them back in the car!

    ReplyDelete