Thursday, May 21, 2009

What's cookin?


Hubby was craving Baja style tacos today.... your wish is my command my dear.
So, I made fish, chicken and shrimp tacos (yum), with all the extra toppings:
Home made guacamole, fire roasted tomato salsa, sour cream and cabbage slaw. They were delightful, and took us down memory lane.... to Rosarito Beach, Mexico. There is this little shack down there by Quinta del Mar resort, we always stop by there whenever we drive down to Baja. It is literally a shack, a great little lady named Maria was running it back in the day, made the best fish tacos we have ever had... It's a good thing we have Senor Fish here in Eagle Rock that comes pretty close, they have really good food.
Anyways, we enjoyed the tacos to the max, the only thing missing was the beach and a couple of cold Coronas, but Gag can't have alcohol, so we settled for Pomegranate Green Tea (from Trader Joe's, it's really good), I could have spiked mine... but it's not the same drinking alone.
Aren't memories great.... and it's funny how certain smells and tastes take you back to them.
You know, that's pretty much all we have with us in the end is the memories we've made, that... nothing can take away from us.

Anyone hungry?

Bon Appetite!

3 comments:

  1. My gut tells me that you have made many, many wonderful memories together. And each day is an opportunity for a new memory. YOU get to make the memory however you want it to be by simply looking for the good in each moment. It's there. Just look with a smile in your heart.

    Now, if you are going to not only discuss wonderful food BUT also post photos of it, well, you simply must also give out the recipes.

    It's the right thing to do. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You took the word right out of my mouth. YUM. :)

    you've inspired my saturday afternoon lunch.:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, thanks for the kind words, and I'm sorry.. I'm pretty new to blogging and one needs some time to learn "blog etiquette", and am still learning how to "link" words to ohter text such as recipes. I'll see what I can do.. I'm also not very good at following recipes, and just kinda wing it, but I'll do my best.
    Dash enjoy the lunch.

    ReplyDelete